Trim Fit Garcinia Review – Does It Work? Side Effects, Ingredients & More
Trim Fit Garcinia
With all the buzz circulating about this all-natural weight loss product, it comes as no surprise that many are asking, “what is Trim Fit Garcinia?” Trim Fit Garcinia is distributed by Trim Fit, and marketed as a natural appetite suppressant using 100% pure Garcinia cambogia extract. Trim Fit Garcinia claims to increase serotonin levels, stop fat production, and decrease appetite, particularly for emotional eaters. Trim Fit reviews reflect mixed results, suggesting that interested consumers try the product for themselves before forming a conclusion.
There have been reports about increased media coverage of Trim Fit Garcinia; Shark Tank is said to be one of these media outlets. The show provides businesses with the chance to obtain financial backing and investors for their products on television. Currently, the appearance of Trim Fit Garcinia on Shark Tank is unconfirmed.
Throughout this unbiased review, we take an in-depth look at the ingredients go into making Trim Fit Garcinia, possible side effects, and what kind of results users can expect when taking Trim Fit Garcinia.
Trim Fit Garcinia Cambogia Ingredients
Trim Fit Garcinia lists 4 active ingredients on its bottle, offering a mix of eastern and western medical ideals with a blend of nutrients and one herbal extract. Trim Fit advertises 100% all-natural ingredients, with no GMO’s, preservatives, or chemical additives. The following ingredients make up Trim Fit Garcinia:
Calcium: 50 mg – Calcium is a natural chemical element found in foods such as kale, milk, sardines, and broccoli. Calcium is often recommended during weight loss to slow the decrease of bone density which accompanies diet induced weight loss.2
Chromium: 200 mcg – Chromium is a chemical element and an essential nutrient found in foods like free range eggs, broccoli, and brewer’s yeast. It has the reported benefits of lowering body fat percentages, increasing lean muscle tissue, and regulating carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in humans and animals.3
Potassium: 50 mg – Another chemical element and nutrient, potassium is found in foods such as squash, fish, dark leafy greens, bananas, and beans. It has the reported potential to lower blood pressure, and has been suggested as a potential natural treatment for hypertension, a disorder associated with obesity.4
Garcinia Cambogia Extract with Hydroxycitric Acid: 1000 mg – Hydroxycitric acid (HCA), found in the fruit rind of the Garcinia cambogia plant, has reported weight loss benefits. There are some human studies on Garcinia cambogia which confirm the weight loss and appetite suppressant qualities of Trim Fit.11
How to Use Trim Fit Garcinia Cambogia
Trim Fit Garcinia label directions recommend taking one capsule, twice daily. Individuals with existing medical conditions, or currently taking prescription medication, are recommended to talk with a health care provider before trying Trim Fit Garcinia.
Trim Fit Garcinia Side Effects
While Trim Fit Garcinia ingredients are all-natural, some individuals may experience sensitivities to one or more ingredients. Common side effects of Garcinia are listed below.
Calcium, potassium, Garcinia cambogia, and chromium supplements are generally received well by the human body when taken in moderation, but there have been reports of mild gastrointestinal symptoms for those with sensitivities.6,9,5,10 Gastrointestinal symptoms can include cramping, nausea, bloating, and diarrhea. When used in excess, potassium can cause abnormal heart rhythm and muscle weakness.9 Very high doses of chromium can reduce the effectiveness of insulin, cause an irregular heartbeat, and cause liver or kidney damage.10 One animal study also found that Garcinia cambogia caused testicle atrophy in subjects when high levels of the extract were ingested.7
However, the dosage of each of the ingredients in Trim Fit Garcinia is considered moderate, and should not cause any of the severe reactions above, unless taken in excess, or if an allergy is present.
Does Trim Fit Garcinia Work?
Now that you better understand Trim Fit and its possible benefits, you’re likely wondering about the reality of Trim Fit Garcinia results. Here, we break down Trim Fit and whether it has the potential to stand up to these claims.
One human study, using 60 healthy volunteers, did find a reduced BMI and appetite, as well as an increase in serotonin levels with the use of hydroxycitric acid. However, the levels used in this research trail were higher than the dosage used in Trim Fit.8 Animal studies have also shown success in lowering fat production using Garcinia cambogia extract.7
Niacin-bound chromium, as is used in Trim Fit, has shown a potential as a weight loss application on its own, and in conjunction with other supplements, including hydroxycitric acid. The dosage used in successful trials ranged between 400 to 600 mcg.11,12
Trim Fit Garcinia Reviews
The three main claims for Trim Fit Garcinia weight loss supplements are that they supress appetite, decrease body fat production, and raise natural serotonin levels. Online reviews by past users of Trim Fit Garcinia show varying levels of success, with some posting before and after photos to prove their results.
Where to Buy Trim Fit Garcinia
Trim Fit Garcinia is exclusively available online, and offers a 30-day supply to try for the price of shipping for those who want to try Trim Fit Garcinia before committing. When shopping online for Trimfit Garcinia, Amazon is not recommended, as these are products usually being resold from previous customers. Instead, we recommend buying directly from Trim Fit.
Scientific Research Referenced in this Article
- Trim Fit Garcinia. (2017) Start Losing the Fat Now. Try Trim Fit Garcinia. Retrieved on October 6, 2017 from – View Reference
- Jensen, L. B., Kollerup, G., Quaade, F. & Sorensen, O. H. (2001) Bone mineral changes in obese women during a moderate weight loss with and without calcium supplementation. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. DOI: 1359/jbmr.2001.16.1.141
- Anderson, R. A. (1998) Effects of chromium on body composition and weight loss. Nutrition Reviews. 56(9), 266-270. DOI: 10.1111/j.1753-4887.1998.tb01763.x
- Whelton, P. K., He, J. & Cutler, J. (1997) Effects of oral potassium on blood pressure: Meta analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials. 277(20), 1624-1632. DOI: 10.1001/jama.1997.03540440058033
- Okakpoya, I, Hung, S. K., Perry, R., Wider, B. & Ernst, E. (2010) The use of garcinia extract (hydroxycitric acid) as a weight loss supplement: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials. Journal of Obesity. DOI: 1155/2011/509038
- Riggs, B. L., O’Fallon, W. M., Muhs, J., O’Connor, M., Kumar, R. & Melton, L. J. (1998) Long-term effects of calcium supplementation on serum parathyroid hormone level, bone turnover, and bone loss in elderly women. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 13(2), 168-174. DOI: 1359/jbmr.19184.108.40.206
- Saito, M., Ueno, M., Ogino, S., Kubo, K., Nagata, J. & Takeuchi, M. (2004) High dose of garcinia cambogia is effective in suppressing fat accumulation in developing male zucker obese rats, but highly toxic to the testis. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 43(3), 411-419. DOI: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S027869150400331X
- Preuss, H. G., Rao, C. V., Bramble, J. D., Ohia, S. E., Bagchi, M. & Bagchi D. (2004) An overview of the safety and efficacy of a novel, natural(-)-hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX) for weight management. Journal of Medicine. 35(1-6), 33-48. Retrieved on October 6, 2017 from http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/18084863
- Ehrlich, S. (2015) Potassium. University of Maryland Medical Center. Retrieved on October 6, 2017 from http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/potassium
- Ehrlich, S. (2014) Chromium. University of Maryland Medical Center. Retrieved on October 6, 2017 from http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/chromium
- Crawford, V., Scheckenbach, R. & Preuss, H. G. (1999) Effects of niacin-bound chromium supplementation on body composition in overweight African-American women. Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism. 1(6), 331-337. DOI: 1046/j.1463-1326.1999.00055.x
- Preuss, H. G., Bagchi, D., Bagchi, M., Rao, C. V. S., Dey, D. K. & Satyanarayana, S. (2004) Effects of a natural extract of (–)-hydroxycitric acid (HCA-SX) and a combination of HCA-SX plus niacin-bound chromium and gymnema sylvestre extract on weight loss. Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism. 6(3), 171-180. DOI: 1111/j.1462-8902.2004.00328.x