Slimdera Garcinia Review: Was it Really on Shark Tank? Results & More
Reaching your weight loss goals can sometimes be difficult, particularly if you always feel hungry and are lacking in energy. For those looking for a way to jumpstart their weight loss journey, taking a supplement to help curb your appetite may help give you the push you need.
As one of the most talked about supplements this year, Slimdera Garcinia is a weight management supplement that that can be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Distributed by Slimdera Garcinia Cambogia, this supplement is designed to suppress your appetite, inhibit fat production, boost your metabolism and help you control your eating habits. Slimdera also claims this effective supplement will help improve your mood and boost serotonin levels, naturally reducing the need for emotional eaters to overeat.1,2
Made in the U.S.A, Slimdera Garcinia contains natural ingredients and no fillers, GMO’s or artificial ingredients. Claimed to be made in a GMP certified lab, Slimdera features Garcinia cambogia extract, which includes 60% hydroxycitric acid.1,2
But is Slimdera Garcinia worth your time? In this Slimdera review, Better Health Organization will take a look at the science behind Garcinia cambogia to see how it works, and if there’s evidence to support its weight loss claims.
Unlike other weight loss supplements, Slimdera is formulated with natural ingredients. This includes 100% Garcinia cambogia extract, which itself contains 60% of hydroxycitric acid.
Garcinia Cambogia – Garcinia cambogia is a pumpkin-shaped fruit native to Southeast Asia. Traditionally used to treat digestive issues, today, Garcinia cambogia is one of the most common ingredients used in weight loss products.3,4 The rind from the fruit contains hydroxycitric acid (HCA), the principal active ingredient that’s believed to exert an anti-obesity effect. Studies show that HCA can help inhibit the production of citrate lyase, an enzyme which the body uses to produce fats.5,6,7 HCA has also been claimed to increase the production of serotonin in the brain, which may help to suppress appetite.7
According to the Slimdera directions, users should take two capsules once daily. Each Slimdera Garcinia bottle contains 60 capsules, or a 30-day supply.
Slimdera Side Effects
Although there are no Slimdera Garcinia side effects reported on the company website, when taking any supplement there is the potential for adverse reactions. While Slimdera is safe to use, studies on the side effects of Garcinia cambogia show that some people may experience minor side effects. This includes skin rash, headache, colds, and gastrointestinal problems such as nausea and diarrhea.7
Consult with your doctor before taking Slimdera if you have any medical conditions, are pregnant or nursing.
Does Slimdera Work?
Slimdera claims that it can naturally suppress the appetite so that users consume overall fewer calories.1,2 While we often associate serotonin with improved mood, multiple studies have established a connection between increased serotonin levels and reduced eating behaviour.8
The HCA found in Garcinia cambogia may help to boost serotonin in the brain. Research supports that HCA may be used to control appetite and regulate eating behaviours to encourage weight loss. As well, studies indicate that HCA inhibits the synthesis of fatty acids, which may also support weight loss and a reduction of fat cells.10,11
In a 2007 study, researchers examined the effects of Garcinia cambogia extract on 50 obese women. For 8 weeks, the participants were given 1150 mg of HCA three times a day. After the 8 weeks, results indicated that women in the experiment group had significant weight loss and reduction in body fat.9 Further studies show that HCA may also boost the body’s metabolism. Increased metabolism allows the body to burn stored fat and carbohydrates.12 This mechanism may help reduce overall body fat as well.
Based on the above studies, Slimdera may help to suppress your appetite and support weight loss goals when combined with a healthy diet and workout routine.
What do Slimdera Garcinia reviews say about this weight loss supplement? A large number of customers state that after just one month of using Slimdera, they’ve lost weight that is noticeable not only to them, but to family and friends as well.
Some people who have bought Slimdera say that the product has changed their lives. Not only have they lost weight, but they now feel that they have more control over their appetite. They no longer feel hungry after eating a healthy meal.
There are also numerous reviews about how Slimdera has improved people’s mood, boosting their energy levels so that they have more incentive to exercise. When used as part of a healthy weight loss program, some reviewers claim they had a significant reduction in their body mass index after using Slimdera for just 6 to 8 weeks.
Some customers report seeing Slimdera on the popular show Shark Tank, however BHO was unable to confirm.
Where to Buy Slimdera Garcinia
Slimdera Garcinia is only available on the distributor’s website. For the cost of shipping and handling, users receive a 30-day supply of Slimdera Garcinia. This offer allows new users to try Slimdera before deciding if they’d like to continue with it.
Scientific Research Referenced in this Article
- Slimdera. (n.d.). Slimdera. Retrieved November 17,2017 from – View Reference
- Try Slimdera Now. (n.d.). Try Slimdera Now. Retrieved November 17,2017 from – View Reference
- Rasha, HM. & Salha, A. (2015) The Biological Importance Of Garcinia Cambogia: A review. J Nutr Food Sci. S5: 004. doi: 4172/2155-9600.S5-004
- Semwal, RB. & Semwal, DK. (2015) A comprehensive scientific overview of Garcinia cambogia. Fitoterapia. 102: 134-48. doi: 1016/j.fitote.2015.02.012
- Hayamizu, K. & Ishii, Y. (2003) Effects of garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) on visceral fat accumulation: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial comprehensive scientific overview of Garcinia cambogia. Curr Ther Res Clin Exp. 64(8): 551-567. doi: 1016/j.curtheres.2003.08.006
- Marquez, F. & Babio, N. (2012) Evaluation of the safety and efficacy of hydroxycitric acid or Garcinia cambogia extracts in humans. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 52(7): 585-94. doi: 1080/10408398.2010.500551
- Onakpoya, I. & Hung, SK. (2010) The Use of Garcinia Extract (Hydroxycitric Acid) as a Weight loss Supplement: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomised Clinical Trials. J Obes. 2011: 509038. doi: 1155/2011/509038
- Steiger, H. (2004) Eating disorders and the serotonin connection: state, trait and developmental effects. J Psychiatry Neurosci. 29(1): 20-29. Retrieved on November 17, 2017 from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC305267/
- Roongpisuthipong, C. & Kantawan, R. (2007) Reduction of adipose tissue and body weight: effect of water soluble calcium hydroxycitrate in Garcinia atroviridis on the short term treatment of obese women in Thailand. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 16(1): 25-9. Retrieved on November 17, 2017 from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17215177
- Ohia, S. & Opere, C. (2002) Safety and mechanism of appetite suppression by a novel hydroxycitric acid extract (HCA-SX). Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. Volume 238, Issue 1-2, pp 89-103. Retrieved on November 17, 2017 from https://link.springer.com/article/10.1023/A:1019911205672
- Jena, BS. & Jayaprakasha, GK. (2002) Chemistry and Biochemistry of (−)-Hydroxycitric Acid from Garcinia. J Agric. Food Chem. 50(1), pp 10-22. DOI: 1021/jf010753k
- Chuah, LO. & Ho, WY. (2013) Updates on Antiobesity Effect of Garcinia Origin (−)-HCA. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013: 751658. doi: 1155/2013/751658