Power Testro Review: Side Effects, Ingredients & Where to Buy
Power Testro Overview
What is Power Testro? – Distributed by Wellness Nutra, LLC, Power Testro is a pre workout supplement made in the U.S.A. Designed to enhance lean muscle mass, maximize performance and promote athletic endurance, Power Testro uses a blend of natural ingredients in a proprietary blend. With an easy to take capsule format, Power Testro is exclusively available to U.S. residents.
Power Testro Ingredients
Designed as a pre-workout supplement, Power Testro contains eight active ingredients in a proprietary blend. For unknown reasons, the Power Testro website does not display the full supplements facts panel, leaving customers to guess what the product may contain. After some investigation, Better Health Organization has uncovered the active ingredients of Power Testro.
Calcium: 44.28 mg – Calcium is one of the most common minerals found in the human body. Calcium is required for muscle contraction, vasodilation, hormone secretion, bone and teeth formation.2,3
FlowViv MAX-TEST Blend
Horny Goat Weed – Horny goat weed, or epimedium, is an herb that has been frequently used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Claimed to be an aphrodisiac and erectile aid, the active component of horny goat weed, icariin, may also promote nitric oxide and have pro-erectile properties.4
Tongkat Ali Extract – Tongkat Ali, or Malaysian ginseng, is an aphrodisiac herb traditionally used to increase libido and fertility. A growing body of scientific literature indicates that tongkat ali may be effective for increasing testosterone in infertile men.5
Saw Palmetto Extract – Traditionally claimed to boost testosterone, libido and alleviate urinary tract conditions, today saw palmetto is a popular alternative treatment for an enlarged prostate, or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Some theorize it influences testosterone within the body.6
Orchic Substance – Derived from cattle testicles, orchic substance is claimed to boost human testosterone. Research is currently being done to back this theory of ‘like supports like.’7
Wild Yam Extract – Wild yam extract contains an active compound called diosgenin, which can be converted into active steroids in a lab.8 With over 600 varieties, some forms have been claimed to improve cholesterol and sex hormones.8
Sarsaparilla – Thought to have anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-syphilis properties, the sarsaparilla herb has been used in traditional medicine for a wide variety of ailments. Today, it may be used as an alternative treatment for rheumatoid arthritis.9
Nettle Extract – Traditionally used a diuretic, nutritive tonic and to help relieve allergies, nettle extract comes from the common stinging nettle plant.10,11 Nettle extract is commonly used to alleviate symptoms of BPH and may help promote healthy prostate cells.9,10 While it’s been claimed to influence hormones, there’s currently no scientific evidence to supplementation increases testosterone.
Boron – A trace mineral, boron helps maintain strong bones, promote muscle coordination, alleviate symptoms of arthritis, and supports brain functions.11 Preliminary research has noted that boron may help regulate hormones within the body, and in mice, has shown to play a protective role against prostate cancer.12
According to the Power Testro label, users should take two capsules of Power Testro 30 minutes before working out. Power Testro can be taken 1-2 times daily.
Power Testro Side Effects
While herbs are often thought to be more natural, they still contain active ingredients which may cause side effects or interact with medications.
Based on known doses and the latest scientific research, Better Health Organization has compiled a list of possible Power Testro side effects.
Stinging nettle is known to have diuretic effect that may cause an increase in the need to urinate. It has also been reported to cause increased sweating and mild fluid retention in some patients. Stinging nettle may also influence blood sugar levels. While calcium is generally thought be safe and well-tolerated by humans of all ages, it may cause gastrointestinal discomfort. Common side effects include gas, bloating and possibly diarrhea. In some users, excess calcium may cause constipation.2,3 One case study has noted that a patient developed a skin rash when taking horny goat weed and ginkgo biloba supplements at the same time. It is unclear which herb cause the side effect, or if it was due the combination of the two.
While many of the ingredients used are considered natural, they do contain medicinal properties that may affect the body.
Does Power Testro Work?
Based on a review of current scientific studies, the quantity of ingredients, and limited consumer reviews, below are the projected results for Power Testro.
Many of the ingredients in the Power Testro formula have their roots in traditional medicine systems and have not been rigorously tested in well-designed, peer-reviewed studies. When combined in a proprietary blend, it’s increasing difficult to determine results that most individuals will experience.
Men with BPH, or enlarged prostates have used saw palmetto and nettle extract as alternative treatments to regulate prostate size with some success. Both ingredients may help promote overall prostate health.13 Tongkat ali may improve overall mood, as noted by one study where participants took 200 mg of tongkat ali daily. Significant reductions were noted for feelings of tension, anger and confusion along with a 37% increase in testosterone status.15 For infertile men, tongkat ali may also increase sperm quality. A 2012 study noted a 44% increase in sperm motility and a 14% increase in sexual libido when men supplemented with 300 mg of tongkat ali extract.14
Power Testro Reviews
While this supplement has also gone through several formulations, recent Power Testro reviews note an overall positive effect for users, with many noting improvements in mood, energy levels and performance in the gym. Compared to similar products, several users also report that they like the easy to take format and minimal side effects associated with Power Testro.
Power Testro Price
Customers can only buy Power Testro online, with a limited amount of trial offers made available each day. For the price of shipping and handling, users receive a full 30-day supply of the product, and can try it before deciding if they would like to continue using it.
Scientific Research Referenced in this Article
- Power Testro. (2017). Power testro. Retrieved January 23, 2017 from – View Reference
- S. National Library of Medicine: Medline Plus. (2016, November 18). Calcium. Retrieved January 23, 2017 from https://medlineplus.gov/calcium.html
- National Institutes of Health. (2016, November 16). Calcium. Retrieved January 19, 2017 from https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-HealthProfessional/
- Shindel, Alan W., Xin, Zhong‐Chen, Lin, Guiting, Fandel, Thomas M., Huang, Yun‐Ching, Banie, Lia, . . . Lue, Tom F. (2010). Erectogenic and Neurotrophic Effects of Icariin, a Purified Extract of Horny Goat Weed ( Epimedium spp.) In Vitro and In Vivo. Journal of Sexual Medicine,7(4pt1), 1518-1528. Doi: 1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01699.x
- Ulbricht, C., Conquer, J., Flanagan, K., Isaac, R., Rusie, E., & Windsor, R. (2013). An Evidence-Based Systematic Review of Tongkat Ali ( Eurycoma longifolia ) by the Natural Standard Research Collaboration. Journal of Dietary Supplements, 2013, Vol.10(1), P.54-83,10(1), 54-83. doi: 3109/19390211.2012.761467.
- University of Maryland Medical Center. (2014, July 6). Saw palmetto. Retrieved http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/saw-palmetto
- Chye, P. (2006). Traditional Asian folklore medicines in sexual health. Indian Journal of Urology,22(3), 241-245. DOI: 4103/0970-1591.27632
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. (2014, February 11). Wild yam. Retrieved January 23, 2017 from https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/integrative-medicine/herbs/wild-yam
- Dweck, A. (2009). The internal and external use of medicinal plants. Clinics in Dermatology,27(2), 148-158. doi: 1016/j.clindermatol.2008.01.007
- University of Maryland Medical Center. (2014, July 6). Stinging nettle. Retrieved August 9, 2017 from http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/stinging-nettle
- Health Canada. (2008, January 30). Stinging nettle. Retrieved January 19, 2017 from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/monoReq.do?id=166&
- U.S. National Library of Medicine: Medline Plus. (2015, February 14). Boron. Retrieved August 9, 2017 from https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/natural/894.html
- Health Canada. (2013, June 24). Archived – Boron as a medicinal ingredient in oral natural health products. Retrieved January 19, 2017 from http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/pubs/natur/boron-bore-eng.php
- Ismail, S. B., Wan Mohammad, W. M., George, A., Nik Hussain, N. H., Musthapa Kamal, Z. M., & Liske, E. (2012). Randomized Clinical Trial on the Use of PHYSTA Freeze-Dried Water Extract of Eurycoma longifoliafor the Improvement of Quality of Life and Sexual Well-Being in Men. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2012, 1-10. doi:1155/2012/429268
- Talbott, S. M., Talbott, J. A., George, A., & Pugh, M. (2013). Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 10(1), 28. doi:1186/1550-2783-10-28