Garcinia Clean XT Review – Phenom Health – Does it Really Work?
Garcinia Clean XT
For those looking for an all-natural way to lose those extra pounds, Garcinia Clean XT may be the answer you’re looking for. Distributed by Phenom Health, Garcinia Clean XT has been touted as a ‘dual action fat buster made by nature’.2
So what is Garcinia Clean XT? Formulated with Garcinia cambogia, this weight loss supplement claims to regulate one’s appetite, reduce food cravings and prevent carbohydrates from being converted into fat in the body. For emotional eaters, it also claims to increase serotonin levels in your body, thus making you feel full longer and suppressing your appetite.3
Made in the USA in a GMP certified manufacturing facility, Garcinia Clean XT claims to be 100% natural and stimulant-free. With no fillers or binders, Garcinia Clean XT is designed to naturally support provide your weight management goals.2
Phenom Health also offers a number of other dietary supplements that focus on natural weight management, cleansing and boosting mental focus and awareness.1,2 The product has also claimed it has been advertised across a number of major news outlets and newspapers.2
Garcinia cambogia has recently generated interest in the world of dieting and weight loss, and has been the subject of a number of scientific studies. But is it really a miracle weight loss ingredient? In this unbiased, Garcinia Clean XT review, we’ll take a look at Phenom Health’s claims about this popular product, as well as the supplement’s primary ingredient. Based on the latest scientific research we’ll evaluate its projected results and any potential side effects consumers should be aware about.
Garcinia Clean XT Ingredients
With only one active ingredient, the Garcinia Clean XT formula relies on its standardized Garcinia cambogia extract. Below, we take a look at the history behind Garcinia cambogia and the what latest science says about it usefulness in weight loss supplements.
Garcinia Cambogia Extract (1000mg): The sole ingredient of the Garcinia Clean XT supplement is the extract of the Garcinia Cambogia fruit. Growing in the exotic jungles of Southeast Asia, this pumpkin-shaped fruit has traditionally been used in culinary dishes to enhance the flavor or make the dish more filling.7
Hydroxycitric acid or HCA, which is the key component in the rind of the fruit, has been the subject of much analysis in recent years. HCA, research suggests, may promote weight loss through several possible mechanisms. According to different researchers, HCA may help reduce appetite by promoting the release of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps modulate appetite and eating behaviors. It also has been noted to block lipogenesis, the process where carbohydrates are converted into fat in the body.7 HCA has also been found to inhibit pancreatic alpha amylase and intestinal alpha glucosidase, enzymes that reduce carbohydrate metabolism.5
How to Use Garcinia Clean XT
According to the Garcinia Clean XT directions, users should take two capsules of Garcinia Cleant XT daily along with a glass of water. It’s recommended that users take the supplement 30-60 minutes before a meal to maximize its effectiveness. This is in line with a research that suggests HCA based supplements be taken up to an hour before a meal.6
Garcinia Clean XT Side Effects
Research on the potential toxicity of HCA has declared the compound generally safe for human consumption.7 While studies suggest that an intake of up to 2800 mg of Garcinia per day is safe, clinical trials have recorded skin rashes, headaches, common cold and gastrointestinal symptoms in participants who have consumed Garcinia.4,8
Does Garcinia Clean XT Really Work?
Although Garcinia cambogia has been used in Asian cultures for culinary and weight loss purposes for years, it has only recently come into the limelight in the western world.11 In animal and in vitro studies, HCA has been identified as an anti-obesity agent and is thus recommended for weight management.4,9 HCA has also been observed to induce weight loss by reducing one’s appetite and having an influence on blood lipid levels.9
In human studies, Garcinia cambogia has been shown to have mixed results. In one double-blind, randomized study, moderately obese female patients aged 18-65, were given 400 mg of Garcinia cambogia extract 30-60 minutes before a meal, three times a day. They were counseled to restrict their calorie intake to 1200 calories a day, and one group was told to perform a training routine. While both groups were shown to lose weight, results were more significant when Garcinia cambogia was paired with a diet and exercise plan.4 The Phenom Health website also suggests that for best results, the consumption of Garcinia Clean XT be accompanied by a healthy and balanced diet, as well as regular exercise.3
A meta-analysis of recent Garcinia cambogia studies has noted that HCA does cause a significant difference in weight loss, when compared to a placebo. However, various study controls such as duration, calorie intake, exercise plan and dose may influence results.8 The efficacy of HCA may also depend on dietary factors. For instance, some research suggests that if taken in combination with a high-fiber diet, the fiber may bind with HCA and reduce its efficacy in the body.7
Garcinia Clean XT Reviews
As per Phenom Health’s website, Garcinia Clean XT is made with 60% Hydroxycitric acid.2 This concentration is higher than some competitor’s, and uses a dose comparable to clinical trials. Online, there are a number of positive Garcinia Clean XT reviews, with some users posting dramatic before and after photos of their results.
Where Can I Buy Garcinia Clean XT?
Garcinia based supplements are growing in popularity as an alternative approach towards weight loss. For those looking to buy Garcinia Clean XT at GNC or Walmart, you are not likely to find the product as it’s exclusively available online. For the price of shipping and handling, new users can conveniently receive a 30-day supply of Garcinia Clean XT to try the before deciding if they’d like to continue to use it.
Scientific Research Referenced in this Article
- Phenom Health. (2017). Home. Retrieved from – View Reference
- Garcinia Clean XT. (2017). Garcinia Clean XT. Retrieved October 19, 2017 from – View Reference
- Phenom Health. (2017). Garcinia Clean XT (2017). Retrieved October 19, 2017 from – View Reference
- Downs, B.W., Bagchi, M., Subbaraju, G.V., Shara, M.A., Preuss, H.G., Bagchi, (2005). Bioefficacy of a novel calcium-potassium salt of (-)-hydroxycitric acid. Mutation Research, 579(1-2), 149–162. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mrfmmm.2005.02.021
- Yamada, T., Hida, H., Yamada, Y. (2007). Chemistry, physiological properties, and microbial production of hydroxycitric acid. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 75(5), 977–982. doi: 1007/s00253-007-0962-4
- Sullivan, A.C., Hamilton, J.G., Miller, O.N., Wheatley, V.R. (1972). Inhibition of lipogenesis in rat liver by (−)-hydroxycitrate. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 150(1), 183–190. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9861(72)90025-2
- Chuah, L. O., Yeap, S. K., Ho, W. Y., Beh, B. K., Alitheen, N. B. (2012). In vitro and in vivo toxicity of garcinia or hydroxycitric acid: a review. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/197920
- Onakpoya, I., Hung, S. K., Perry, R., Wider, B., Ernst, E. (2011). The use of garcinia extract (hydroxycitric acid) as a weight loss supplement: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomised clinical trials. Journal of Obesity, 2011, 509038. https://doi.org/10.1155/2011/509038
- Chuah, L. O., Ho, W. Y., Beh, B. K., & Yeap, S. K. (2013). Updates on Antiobesity Effect of Garcinia Origin (−)-HCA. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine: eCAM, 2013, 751658. doi: 1155/2013/751658.
- Sergio, W. (1988). A natural food, the Malabar Tamnarind, may be effective in the treatment of obesity. Medical Hypotheses. 1988; 27(1):39–40. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3205204