Garcinia Cambogia Plus Review – Apex Vitality – Ingredients & Safety
Garcinia Cambogia Plus
For those wondering, ‘what is Garcinia Cambogia Plus?’ it’s the latest natural weight loss supplement distributed by Apex Vitality. Made in the U.S.A., Garcinia Cambogia Plus is claims to help users burn fat, build lean muscle, and block new fat from building up. Designed to help users get rid of excess fat faster and more effectively than diet and exercise alone, Garcinia Cambogia Plus also claims to suppress appetite. Formulated with natural ingredients, the product website claims this supplement is free from chemical additives, GMO’s or preservatives and is made in a GMP certified lab.1
In this article, we examine just what makes up Garcinia Cambogia Plus and the potential effects it can have on your body. After researching the supplement’s ingredients and reading a number of Garcinia Cambogia Plus reviews, we have the real scoop on how this product really affects weight loss.
Garcinia Cambogia Plus Ingredients
While the Apex Garcinia website does not currently list the ingredients of Garcinia Cambogia Plus, after some investigating the team at Better Health Organization has found the formula. Below, we list each ingredient included in this supplement and how it may affect the body to help you lose weight and burn fat.
Calcium: 50mg – While calcium is widely known for its role in maintaining healthy bones and teeth, it has also been found to aid in weight loss. People who eat a diet of foods low in fat and high in calcium have been shown to have a lower body weight. Increasing calcium intake in the diet has been linked to body weight loss over time.2
Chromium: 200mcg – Chromium is a mineral that helps the body metabolism carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Keeping the metabolism up and running fast allows the body to burn and store the proper percentages of fat, protein, and carbohydrates.3 In this product, Apex Vitality claims that supplementing with chromium can speed up your metabolism, leading to faster and higher amounts of fat burn.1
Potassium: 50mg – Potassium helps the body break down carbohydrates and build muscle mass. A type of electrolyte, it’s key in keeping the body growing and working properly.4 By providing potassium, this supplement could help boost the body’s carbohydrate breakdown function, burning off sugars that would turn into fat if stored.
Garcinia Cambogia extract, HCA 60%: 1000mg – Made from the rind of the Garcinia cambogia fruit, also known as the tamarind or brindle berry, this extract contains a chemical called hydroxycitric acid (HCA). This chemical has been investigated for its ability suppress and reduce appetite, as well as help burn off carbohydrates that otherwise would be turned into stored fat. Native to India and Southeast Asia, this fruit is traditionally used to flavor and preserve food.5
How to Use Garcinia Cambogia Plus
According to Garcinia Cambogia Plus directions on the package, users should take 1-2 capsules per day, being sure to take them with a full 8 ounces of water. Garcinia Cambogia Plus should only be taken before eating a meal.
Garcinia Cambogia Plus Side Effects
While it is true that Garcinia Cambogia Plus is made up of 100 percent natural ingredients, that does not automatically mean it is good for the body or even safe to take. So, is Garcinia Cambogia Plus safe to use as a supplement?
Garcinia cambogia extract is shown to be generally safe for most people, and have few side effects.6 While the amount of chromium found in Garcinia Cambogia Plus is higher than the recommended daily intake, this dose is not believed to cause any health complications in healthy individuals. While there are very few side effects of chromium, it has been shown to react adversely to certain medications. For users with chronic medical conditions or taking prescription medication, talk to a health care professional prior to supplementation.3
Does Garcinia Cambogia Plus Work?
What are the real Garcinia Cambogia Plus results? In this section, we analyze the projected results based on the latest scientific findings.
In recent years, many studies have been conducted on Garcinia cambogia regarding its use for weight loss. Scientists are particularly interested in its active chemical, hydroxycitric acid (HCA), which may inhibit the formation of fat cells and decrease appetite.5 Thus, making it a useful natural extract for weight and fat loss.
In vitro clinical studies have noted that HCA may slow the conversion of carbohydrates into stored fat by inhibiting enzyme processes.5 While a number of studies animal studies have also noted that garcinia cambogia may promote fat loss, human trials are still in the preliminary phase.6 In 2014, a group of obese patients (those with a Body Mass Index above 25), were given either a placebo or garcinia cambogia supplements for 60 days. At the end of the study, women who had taken garcinia cambogia reduced their triglyceride (a type of fat found in blood) levels by nearly one-third.7
In animal studies, chromium supplementation has been shown to have a positive effect on body composition, increasing lean body mass and decreasing the percentage of body fat. These results are promising for future human studies.8
Garcinia Cambogia Plus Reviews
Consumer reviews found have been mostly positive for Garcinia Cambogia Plus, noting various amounts of weight loss. For optimal results, users should combine weight loss supplements with a healthy diet and regular workout routine.
Where To Buy Garcinia Cambogia Plus
Garcinia Cambogia Plus is only available online at the Apex Vitality website. For the price of shipping and handling, users in the United States and Canada can receive a 30-day supply of the product. For new users, this is the perfect way to try Garcinia Cambogia Plus before deciding you’d like to continue with it.
Scientific Research Referenced in this Article
- National Supplement Beauty Solutions Ltd. (2017). Garcinia Cambogia Plus. Retrieved on November 1, 2017 from – View Reference
- National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. (2016). Calcium—Health Professional Fact Sheet. Retrieved on November 1, 2017 from https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Calcium-HealthProfessional/.
- National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements. (2013). Dietary Supplement Fact Sheet: Chromium—Health Professional Fact Sheet. Retrieved on November 1, 2017 from https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Chromium-HealthProfessional/.
- S. National Library of Medicine. (2017). Medline Plus: Potassium in diet. Retrieved on November 1, 2017 from https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002413.htm.
- University of Michigan Health System. (2015). Health Library: Garcinia cambogia. Retrieved on November 1, 2017 from http://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/hn-2863003.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrated Health. (2017). Garcinia Cambogia. Retrieved on November 1, 2017 from https://nccih.nih.gov/health/garcinia.
- Vasques C.A., Schneider R., Klein-Júnior L.C., et al. (2014). Hypolipemic effect of Garcinia cambogia in obese women. Phytotherapy Research.2014;28(6):887-891. Retrieved on November 1, 2017 from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ptr.5076/abstract;jsessionid=46EB32D7002F52C2CCC2EBFFBC158616.f04t02.
- Anderson, R. A. (2009). Effects of Chromium on Body Composition and Weight Loss. Nutrition Reviews, 56(9), 266-270. doi:1111/j.1753-4887.1998.tb01763.x